We have ran in similar circles to Jeff and Jess for some time. The first time we spent extended time together was the summer of 2018, when Jeff joined our family vacation in Piedmont, Italy. It was a week to remember. Not only did we cook up a storm with local produce and drink some great Barolo, but we had extended time to relax and chat with Jeff. He is someone who, honestly, has an incredible outlook on life. I've heard people say he is the nicest guy in the industry and they are not wrong.
Jessica we know from Sydney, we share many friends and have shared many more bottles of wine and laughs. She is one of the most alive and vibrant creatures and will make the dining experience at their forthcoming restaurant Stoke (in Berlin) a memorable one - that is for sure. These images are taken in Berlin at the Stoke site which is currently being built. Sending these two best wishes for the final stages of their opening.
1. You're handed a wine list, what do you do?
Scan for wines I haven’t drunk before.
2. How do you know the wine you're drinking is good?
Balanced and yummy.
3. What is something fascinating you’ve been told over lunch?
My friends mum is a violinist for The London philharmonic orchestra. They’re playing at the Berlin Philharmonie next week and I get to be her plus one.. yew!
4. In whose company do you most enjoy drinking wine?
Fam and friends who like to have a yarn and a laugh.
5. Can you describe your ideal combination of wine, music, and setting?
In the woods or near the ocean with a JBL 3-way system featuring mates and a few bot bots.
6. What sort of food would you add to the equation?
Jeff’s yakitori and fried chicken sandwiches.
7. What is the most memorable bottle of wine you’ve drank?
In 2014 I drank Domaine Valette Pouilly-Fuisse Tradition 2000
8. Where did you drink it?
9. Is there a characteristic you look for in a wine and in a friend?
Complex, fresh and youthful.
10. What is your approach to drinking?
Don’t peak to soon.
11. Do you apply this approach in other aspects of life?
12. What shall we open next?
Domaine Prieure Saint Christophe - Vin de Savoie Mondeuse Tradition, 2006
look for something light and fresh
when your thirst for the juice becomes stronger
Gucci Mane has put out 14 studio albums and over 70 mixtapes
Floor to ceiling wood cabin with big big windows surrounded by snow in the middle of nowhere in the Canadian country side.
A large fireplace burning listening to hip hop, soul and disco off of vinyl from altec lansing 19’s. Lots of rugs, deep couches ploussard and mezcal to drink
Korean bbq with a lot of banchan small dishes
l’anglore tavel 2017
Soulful and unpretentious
It's not a race nor a competition
I do my best
One of Jon’s unicorn bottles